The EU SME eHealth Competition is an initiative that rewards the best eHealth/mHealth solutions produced by SMEs across Europe. It has the support of the European Commission, and also the private sponsorship from Emminens (Roche), XLHealth, M3 EU Ltd and Younoodle.
In this competition, there are two Categories depending on the turnover of the companies: Champions (SMEs with turnover more than 0.5 M€), and Promises (with less turnover).
The 2016 edition, first prizes have been awarded to
- iHealth (France) for the solution iHealth Discovery, a remote health management platform for chronic diseases that includes devices and software that are intuitive to use to encourage users to better manage their health
- Symptoma (Austria), a search engine for diseases. Physicians enter symptoms and receive a list of matching causes - sorted by probability for the case according to age, sex and geography.
The other prizes went to:
- Custodix (Belgium), for the InSite Platform, a solution that enables the reuse of EHR data (Real World Data) for clinical research on a European scale in a compliant and trustworthy manner -2nd prize champion
- Jouw Omgeving (The Netherlands), an engaging e-Mental Health platform for children, youths and people with intellectual disabilities. Empowering and activating patients and those around them by involving and enabling them. Allowing for cost-effective and efficient care. -3rd prize champion
- NiniSpeech (Israel) ,a solution that enables people with speech disorders to take control over their speech in day to day life, and equips speech therapists with real-life quantifiable compliance, performance and progress monitoring - using unique technologies -2nd prize promise
- Oviva (Switzerland), their system is reducing the cost of treating chronic diseases related to diet, such as obesity & diabetes, by making medical nutritional therapy more accessible and efficient. -3rd prize promise
The objective of the SME eHealth Competition is to support the business success of European Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) by giving them visibility together with marketing opportunities to attract customers, partners and external capital. Winners receive also cash prizes, mentoring and free tickets to events. In the 2016 edition, 112 SMEs registered and submitted a two page summary explaining the innovation and potential impact of their solutions. Based on this information provided, 15 companies were selected for the Final.
During the Final, the SMEs had 5 minutes each to explain their solution in front of a Jury of international eHealth stakeholders and sponsors. The jury panel was integrated by Jaakko Arnio (EC), Lars Kalfhaus (Emminens), Min-Sung Kim (XLHealth), Tim Ringrose (M3 EU Ltd.), Marko Kilk (North Estonia Medical Centre), Ilir Qose (COOSS Marche Onlus Scpa), Javier Quiles (Galician Health Service) and Patricia Martinez (BravoSolution).
The Competition 2016 has been sponsored by
- European Commission, who represents the interests of the European Union as a whole http://ec.europa.eu/
- Emminens, a company of the Roche Group with more than 10 years of experience in the design of technological solutions for the personalized management of chronic diseases www.emminens.com
- XLHealth, a German based investor for Digital Health Startups http://xlhealth.de/en/
- M3 EU Ltd., a global healthcare technology company http://eu.m3.com/
- Younoodle, the platform that connects top startups with opportunities for growth www.younoodle.com
And it has the special support of HIMSS, the global not-for-profit organization focused on better health through information technology (IT). - http://himss.eu/
Besides, 30+ intermediate associations and Healthcare media across Europe have provided support by promoting, contacting and selecting the finalists: Health 2.0, SPA Health, Digitalezorg, Latvian IT Cluster, HealthStartup, eVIA, Amsterdam Economic Board, BioPmed, Tehnopol, ClujIT, ICAR, ISfTeH, Zenit, Innovation Skane, Healthclusternet, European Connected Health Alliance, Startup bootcam, Business Oulu, Consard Ltd, HealthNews, Salus Digital, Osoz, MEDTube, COMSalud, SmartHealth, Biocat, Itemas, Medical Valley, Pole SCS… among others.
The Competition Final took place at the Beurs van Berlage
in Amsterdam during the eHealthWeek 2016